I. Our Witness v.5
– Our witness matters (Our individual story of faith) – You have a story – The good news for all of us is our story can change
– Enoch’s witness – We don’t know much, but here is what we do know:
- * He was pleasing to God – What a beautiful thing – How many of you would love to have this as a description of you?
- * So pleasing that God did not want him to see death so God took him
– First example of the rapture
– God understands how much death hurts us
– Why was faith seeming easy for Enoch but can be a struggle for us?
- * His relationship with God mattered more to him than anything else
II. The Value of Faith v.6
– Sometimes when we think about faith we only think about it in terms of our confidence in God, but not how it affects how we live
– This verse states, “Without faith it is impossible to please God”
– Without faith – Why would anyone without faith:
- * Attempt to serve God? – Works salvation
- * Want to please God? – Become acceptable
– These are both self righteousness
– Impossible – Religious service without faith is a deal breaker for God – Why? – Because, we are not in alignment with what He has planned for us
– Good works do not make us pleasing to God – Only faith can do that!
– Realize it pleases Him when our walk expresses our relationship with God and is not based on our own strength
III. How We Must Approach the Lord v.6
– If you desire to come to the Lord there is a couple things you must believe:
- * He is – We must believe He exists – This makes the approach genuine
- * He is a rewarder of those who seek Him – We must believe there is value in seeking Him – The reward is that we find what we are looking for: HIM!
– Are you seeking the Lord? – Why? – Pursue Him with hope – This is just the beginning
– If we want a testimony like Enoch we must realize:
- * Both people and even more so the Lord know who we are – How many of you know someone who: Is a prayer warrior? Has godly wisdom? A good Bible teacher? Needs a closer walk with the Lord?
– See we know one another!
- * We have to stop loving the things of this world – God made this world for us to enjoy but not for us to love more than Him – What guides your decisions?
- * What we really want out of life – A good life for ourselves – Or to know Him and make Him known as we discover His plan for us
– What will your story be?